Dubai: UAE public sector employees will get Eid holidays from Ramadan 29 until Shawwal 3, the Federal Authority For Government Human Resources announced on Thursday.
Ibrahim Al Jarwan, EAS' Board Chairman, said that the first day of Shawwal (which is also the first day of Eid Al Fitr) in the Islamic calendar is predicted to fall on Monday, May 2, 2022.
According to the UAE’s approved calendar for 2022, Eid Al Fitr holiday will start on Saturday (April 30 2022) corresponding to Ramadan 29, and end on Tuesday, May 3 or Wednesday, May 4, whichever is corresponding to Shawwal 3, subject to moon sighting.
How many days off?
If the month of Ramadan completes 30 days, Eid will be on Monday, May 2 (Shawwal 1). Employees in the UAE, in this case, will enjoy a five-day weekend including Saturday (April 30), Sunday (May 1), Monday (May 2), Tuesday (May 3) and Wednesday (May 4).
However, if Ramadan will only have 29 days (based on moon-sighting), Eid Al Fitr will fall on Sunday, May 1 (Shawwal 1), and then residents may enjoy a 4-day long weekend, starting from Saturday, April 30 till Tuesday, May 3.
- Eid Al Fitr holidays for private sector in UAE announced
- Eid Al Fitr Holidays 2022: You might get a 5-day weekend in UAE
- Eid Al Fitr 2022 holidays: Forest visits and beach breaks among things to do in Sharjah
- Eid Al Fitr 2022 long weekend: From Georgia to Switzerland, 8 trending last-minute getaways from UAE
- Eid Al Fitr 2022: Travelling out of the UAE for a quick break? All the COVID-19 guidelines you need to follow for a hassle-free trip
The exact dates as per the Gregorian calendar can only be confirmed after moon-sighting.