Imagine being your own boss. Better yet, imagine being able to set your own hours and make the important decisions that will lead your company to success. Having that control would be remarkable. But the control that could lead your company to success could also lead it to failure — and while entrepreneurship is all about taking risks, it's also about knowing how to manage a business, its employees and processes.
This is why the Strathclyde Business School in the UAE recently launched an MSc in Entrepreneurship.
"The programme gives students the core skills they need to start their own businesses, as well as provides employees with the knowledge structure they need to grow within their already existing businesses," said Sara Carter, director, Hunter Centre for Entrepreneurship at the University of Strathclyde.
Notes provides you with an overview of the programme.
Masters of Science in Entrepreneurship
All classes are taught by Strathclyde academics. Classes take place on weekends (Friday and Saturday) once every four weeks; however mentoring and coaching goes on throughout the programme. The final certificate is issued directly from the base university in Glasgow, Scotland.
-Accredited undergraduate degree
- English language proficiency
- Minimum 550 on TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- Minimum 6 on IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
Costs and deadline
- Tuition fee: Dh85,000 over two years, inclusive of all fees
- Application deadline: November 10
- For more information visit www.strath.ae— Information provided by Ranjit Gajendra, regional manager, University of Strathclyde Business School - Dubai