If the kitchen is the heart of the home, then the refrigerator is the heart of the kitchen. It takes good care of all the food that goes into our bodies and makes sure you are eating safe, well-preserved, fresh food. So, if you are looking to upgrade your refrigerator, take a look at the best two-door appliances in the market right now. With top or bottom mounted freezers, these fridges are compact, but have large storage capacities and are perfect for all kinds of kitchens, especially those in apartments or smaller homes. Take advantage of Amazon Home Services’ appliance installation, and get the fridge installed by the pros! Many of these items are available with Amazon Prime, so you can enjoy free, one-day delivery.
1. Best Overall: Samsung Bottom Freezer with All Around Cooling, Black (315 litres)
- Sleek, space saving design
- Digital inverter technology
- Includes a power deodoriser
- Quiet appliance
- Some reviewers say quality of fridge racks could be better
- Fridge capacity may be small for some families
The new Samsung refrigerator with a bottom freezer works smart so that it uses less energy, minimises noise and reduces wear and tear for long-lasting performance. Featuring an Optimal Fresh zone, the freezer keeps meat and fish fresh for twice as long without it accumulating ice. If you’d like to change the freezer to a regular fridge, just slide a knob and voila! Your fridge has expanded. Enjoy the refrigerator’s Power Deodoriser, made of activated carbon, which eliminates bad odours, keeping the air in the fridge clean and fresh.
Bonus: Buy with 0% installments and pay Dh199.69 for 12 months with select banks. Add professional installation services for free.
Warranty: Amazon offers a 1-year extended warranty for Dh142, a 2-year extended warranty for Dh126, and a 3-year extended warranty for Dh202.
2. Best Large Capacity: Hitachi Top Mount Refrigerator, Brilliant Silver (700 litres)
- Very large capacity
- Moisture-Guard mantains optimum moisture levels
- Fresh Select lever lets you customise temperatures
- Includes double-deck vegetable storage compartment
- Fridge may accumulate ice if temperature is not adjusted
- May be too wide for modular kitchen spaces
This is the biggest-ever Hitachi two-door refrigerator, so you are guaranteed to have plenty of space for bulk grocery shopping. With scratch-proof and heat-resistant tempered glass shelves that can hold up to 100kg each, the fridge also features a Moisture-Guard in its vegetable section to ensure there is enough humidity to keep the vegetables at their optimum freshness level. The fridge has two Eco Thermo-Sensors, one in the freezer (which is a top mount) and the other in the fridge – with the use of sensors, it detects any temperature changes and maintains the interiors of the appliance at the optimal level.
Bonus: Buy with 0% installments and pay Dh310.42 for 12 months with select banks.
Warranty: Amazon offers a 1-year extended warranty for Dh227, and a 2-year extended warranty for Dh323.
3. Best Mid-Range: LG Top Mount Refrigerator, Dark Graphite Silver (427 litres)
- Made to last
- Includes adjustable door bins to accommodate various container heights
- Large vegetable storage compartment
- No provision for storage of eggs
Constructed with heavy-duty materials, the LG refrigerator is going to be a long-lasting feature in your kitchen. Its Multi Air Flow mechanism ensures food stays fresh for longer, while its deodoriser ensures the interiors have the appropriate ventilation for odour-free, fresh food. With a top-mount freezer, adjustable door bins and a large vegetable section that has up to 28 litres of space, it’s ideal for any home.
Bonus: Buy with 0% installments and pay Dh152.42 for 12 months with select banks.
Warranty: Manufacturer provides 1-year warranty. Amazon offers a 1-year extended warranty for Dh114, and a 2-year extended warranty for Dh162.
4. Best Budget: Super General Gross Double Door Refrigerator (410 litres)
- Equipped with No-Frost technology
- Can be locked
- Energy efficient appliance
- May be too compact for some families
It’s sleek and compact but big enough to store everything you need. The Super General fridge has a modern design, with efficient LED-lights and No-Frost technology. Its lock and key ensure curious children are unable to create a mess, and its adjustable glass shelves give you ample configurations to store all your items, no matter how bulky they are. The refrigerator has an ESMA three-star rating, so it’s energy friendly, which means you’ll find savings on your utility bills!
Bonus: Buy with 0% installments and pay Dh117.67 for 12 months with select banks. Add professional installation services for free.
Warranty: Amazon offers a 1-year extended warranty for Dh86, and a 2-year extended warranty for Dh121.
5. Best Side by Side Fridge: Panasonic Side By Side Refrigerator, Dark Grey (700 litres)
- Energy saving, powerful appliance
- Has strong, tempered glass shelves
- Surround cooling distributes cold air evenly
- Includes an integrated twist ice tray
- Reviewers say fridge capacity is actually smaller than indicated
Panasonic’s refrigerator is ideal for kitchens that have the space to accommodate side by side fridge doors. In an elegant grey steel finish, this sleek appliance uses Inverter Compressor technology to save energy and produce less noise, all the while generating powerful cooling. With an effective Surround Cooling Airflow system, food is maintained at an optimal temperature all day long.
Bonus: Add professional installation services for free.
Warranty: Amazon offers a 1-year extended warranty for Dh171, and a 2-year extended warranty for Dh242.
Our recommendations are independently chosen by Gulf News editors. If you decide to shop through links on our website, we may earn an affiliate commission, as we are part of Amazon Services LLC Associates Program.