Abu Dhabi: The total remaining public holidays for 2019 is now three days — the Commemoration Day (November 30) and the National Day (December 2 and 3).
On Saturday, the UAE marked the birthday of the Prophet Mohammad (peace by upon him), on the 12th of the Hijri month Rabi Al Awwal — corresponding to November 9, 2019.
The Federal Authority for Government Human Resources (FAHR) has earlier called on ministers and federal bodies to adhere to the official dates of public holidays.
On its twitter page, the FAHR said: "Based on the Cabinet decision No.37 of 2019, which amended some of the provisions of the decision No. 27 of 2019 on public holidays in the UAE, and in coordination with the General Secretariat of the Cabinet, the authority is pleased to attach the following table, which outlines the public holidays in 2019:
- New Year Holiday, January 1
- Eid Al Fitr, Ramadan 29 till Shawwal 3
- Arafah Day, Dhu Al Hijjah 9
- Hijri New Year, Muharram 1
- Prophet Mohammad's Birthday, Rabi Al Awwal 12
- Commemoration Day, November 30
- National Day, December 2 and 3