Have you tried kunefe, yet? It is a sweet dish consisting of a layer of cheese baked between two layers of crispy pastry threads and drizzled with perfumed sugar syrup. Here’s the recipe from Günaydın Dubai. A sure Iftar dessert this Ramadan.
|Ingredients for Kunefe Kadayif|
|Special Kunefe Cheese|
|To make the syrup|
1. Start with preparing the syrup. Pour water and sugar in a pot and bring it to boil.
2. Cut the shredded Kadayif dough into small pieces.
3. Brush the bottom of the pan with butter.
4. Spread the shreds in the pan evenly.
5. Toss over special Kunefe cheese evenly.
6. Finish it by spreading the remaining Kadayif shreds of cheese and press on them with your palm.
7. Bake it for about 10 minutes, until it reaches a golden colour.
8. Pour lukewarm syrup over it as soon as you take it out of the oven.