Education UK, part of the British Council, has launched a student competition open to all school students in the UAE in Grade 10, 11 and 12. Students are encouraged to be as creative as they like - however the entries should be based on facts - and submit a short video which depicts what they believe it would be like to live and study in the UK. Working in groups of three, they may choose to script and act out a short skit, tape interviews with each other, film a stills montage with a voice over, or even have someone film them as a living painting with a voice over explaining the scene.
All the submissions will be showcased, and prizes for the top three submissions awarded, at the Education UK Exhibition in November.
- For more information: Visit www.educationuk.org/me.
- Deadline: November 10, 2011
- Education UK Exhibition date: November 28 and 29
- Venue: Radisson Blu, Dubai Creek
- 1st place - iPads
- 2nd place - Flip Mini HD Camcorders
- 3rd place - iPod Nano
- A one to two minute video
- The video should be compatible with Windows Media Player 10
- Upload it via the "Education UK - UAE" Facebook page
- All submissions must be accompanied by the students' names, grade(s), school name(s) and contact details
- Access to and use of editing software is not necessary
Entries will be judged based on creativity and factual content.