Dubai: If you were a close contact of a positive COVID-19 case and have tested negative after completing 10 days of mandatory isolation, you might be looking to get an 'End of self quaratine' certificate.
According to Abu Dhabi Public Health Centre (ADPHC) to receive the certificate, you need to be registered in the home quarantine programme.
How do I register for the home quarantine?
This happens the moment sends you an SMS when you are regsitered in the system as a close contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case.
The SMS informs the individual that they have been in close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case and asks them to get a PCR (Polyemerase Chain Reaction) test done. Also, the SMS contains a link to register in the home quarantine programme.
Steps to end home quarantine
To end your self-quarantine, you need to be registered in the home quarantine programme.
Once your quarantine period is over, you would need to send the following details through follow these steps, as provided by ADPHC:
- The ID number of the positive case
- His/Her contact number
- Your (the close contact's) contact number
- Date of last contact
These details need to be sent, via Whatsapp, to the number - 056 231 2171.
COVID-19 procedures for confirmed cases and close contacts
If you, or someone you know has tested positive for COVID-19 recently, you may be wondering what the latest isolation and quarantine procedures are that need to be followed. Abu Dhabi Public Health Centre (ADPHC) recently posted a step-by-step guide on its official social media channels on what a person should do if they test positive or were in close contact with someone who tested positive.
For the detailed proecedures to follow in Dubai, based on the advisory by Dubai Health Authority (DHA), click here.
What do I do if my PCR test result is positive?
On January 14, 2022, Abu Dhabi Emergency, Crisis and Disasters Committee and Abu Dhabi Public Health Centre (ADPHC) updated the protocol for those who test positive for COVID-19 as well as those who have been in close contact with them.
If your PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) test result is positive, these are the steps to follow as per ADPHC:
1. High-risk categories
Those who are 50 years old and above, have symptoms, have a chornic disease or are women who are pregnant have been asked to follow these steps:
1. Visit one of the designated COVID-19 Prime Assessment Centres for medical assessment and isolation measures.
To end isolation you must:
1. Get two negative results 24 hours apart
2. Conduct a PCR test on Day 8 and Day 10 and complete 10 days in isolation with no symptoms in the last three days of isolation, after medical evaluation.
2. Other categories
Those with mild or medium symptoms and no chronic disease have been asked to follow these steps:
1. Retest in any health facility in the Emirate and continue to isolate.
2. If your PCR test result is negative, wait for 24 hours and do a retest. If your second PCR test result is negative, ADPHC advises people to resume normal activities and continue to follow precautionary measures.
3. If your PCR test result is positive, a specialist will contact you to complete the isolation procedures.
What do I do if I were in contact with a positive case?
As per the announcement made by ADPHC on January 14, close contacts receive an SMS to conduct a PCR test and self-register in home quarantine through the link provided in the SMS, with the necessity of adhering to the self-quarantine - 7 days for the vaccinated and 10 days for those who are not vaccinated.
1. Head to the nearest centre to conduct a PCR test as per instructions received in the SMS.
2. If your PCR test result is negative, and you are vaccinated, you have to quarantine for seven days and receive a negative result when retesting on Day 6. If you are not vaccinated, you have to quarantine for 10 days and receive a negative result when retesting on Day 9.
If this result is negative, ADPHC advises people to resume normal activities and continue to follow precautionary measures.
3. If your PCR test result is positive, you need to follow the protocol mentioned above for individuals who test positive for COVID-19.
List of COVID-19 assesment centres:
Here are following centres provided by ADPHC:
Prime assesment centres for medical assessment and isolation measures for high risk categories:
- Mafraq Hospital
- Al Mushrif Wedding Hall
- Madinat Mohamed Bin Zayed Centre - for labourers
Al Ain Convention Center
- Madinat Zayed Centre
- Al Dhafra Hospitals Prime Assessment Centre
Medical Centres for other categories:
- Medeor Hospital
- Burjeel Medical City
- LLH Hospital - Mussafah
- For labourers: Life Care Hospital - Mussafah, Baniyas or Madinat Mohamed Bin Zayed Centre
Burjeel Royal Hospital