Dubai: If you would like to sponsor your family members in Dubai, you can complete the procedure through the DubaiNow app. In an announcement made by the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) on May 3, 2021, you can now get, renew or cancel any family member’s residency through the app.

So, if you wish to use the service and complete the procedure on the palm of your hand, here are the steps to follow:

1. Open the DubaiNow app.

2. Click on the option for ‘Residency’ services.

Dubainow app for visa application
The residency services are available on the home page of the app. Image Credit: Source: DubaiNow

3. You will then get the option to avail of the following services:

a) Entry permit - Apply for an entry permit for your spouse and children.

b) Get residency – apply for entry permit and residency for your spouse and children.

c) Manage residency – view and manage your family’s residency.

d) Check visa status – if you have already applied for someone’s visa, you can enquire about the status with GDRFA

e) Request reports – you can also request for travel reports, which show the countries the sponsor and dependents have entered and left, or dependent reports, which state the list of dependents and their details.

4. Open sponsorship file – if you do not have a dependent under your sponsorship yet, you would need to open a sponsorship file, which costs Dh205.25.

If you already have a dependent under your name, you can manage their residency application through the app.

Documents required for applying for entry permit for family and children

GDRFA also posted the list of documents that the sponsor needs to submit, if they wish to apply for their entry permit or residence visa:

1. A recent personal photograph of the sponsored person with a white background.

2. Copy of the passport and residence visa of the sponsor (valid).

3. Copy of the passport of the dependent (should be valid for more than six months).

4. Birth certificate translated into Arabic, legal translation and duly certified (for sponsoring children)

5. Marriage contract translated into Arabic (legal translation) and duly certified (for wife sponsorship).

6. No objection certificate (NOC) from the husband’s consulate, in case the husband’s nationality is different from the wife’s.

7. Salary certificate, work contract or partnership contract (according to the sponsor’s establishment), provided that his monthly income is not less than Dh4,000.

8. Study enrolment certificate (for make children over 18 years old).

9. Tenancy contract or title deed.

10. Single status certificate (if the dependent daughter is over 18 years old).

11. If the wife is the sponsor, an NOC issued from the husband (the father of the children) or an attested custody proof must be attached.

12. A copy of the ID card issued by the dependent’s country.