Dubai: A receptionist, who got drunk and falsely reported to the police that a chauffeur had raped her in his residence, was sentenced to three years in jail.

The 20-year-old Moroccan receptionist dialled 999 to inform Dubai Police that a 42-year-old Iranian chauffeur had invited her for a drink to his flat where she claimed he had forced sex with her in April.

A police patrol was dispatched to the location immediately after the woman alleged that she had been beaten, raped and robbed.

Dubai Police’s forensic examiners reported that the woman did not have any bruises or bodily injuries to justify her allegations that she had been raped. The reports indicated that she had had consensual sex.

Police locked up the receptionist pending further investigations and apprehended the chauffeur later based on prosecutors’ warrant.

Prosecutors accused the couple of having unmarried sex. The woman was solely accused of falsely reporting to the police that she had been raped and consuming liquor.

The Dubai Misdemeanours Court sentenced the Iranian to three months in jail followed by deportation.

Meanwhile the Moroccan was sentenced in absentia to three years in jail for having unmarried sex with the man and making a false report to the police about a non-existent crime.

The presiding judge also fined her Dh3,000 for consuming liquor. She also faces a deportation order.

When he defended himself in court, the Iranian pleaded not guilty, contending that the woman had fabricated her allegations and gave an inconsistent statement.

The chauffeur also claimed that the Moroccan was the one who came to his house to have paid sex with him and that he paid her taxi fare once she arrived at his residence in Al Nahda area.

Records said the receptionist met the chauffeur in a nightclub 10 months before the incident [in April] and she had consensual sex with him in his flat several times.

On the night of the incident, the Moroccan happened to be at a nightclub when the man called her and invited her for a drink at his home.

The Iranian met the woman at the entrance of his building once she arrived by taxi and he paid the fare.

The couple went up to the man’s flat and consumed alcohol and then had consensual sex. Then they argued over the woman’s fees, according to records.

Shortly after they quarrelled the man kicked the Moroccan out of his flat, according to court records, before she got angry and reported to police that she had been raped.

The receptionist was cited admitting during prosecution interrogations that she had lied about being raped and admitted that she had been having paid sex with the Iranian for around 10 months.

The primary ruling remains subject to appeal within a week.