Dubai: Dubai Municipality has recently issued guidelines to protect children from accidents at home.
The civic body has shared tips on social media to make homes safe and child-friendly. The municipality had run several campaigns under the title ‘Safe Homes’ to educate the members of the public about the measures to prevent accidental falls, fires and injuries at home.
• Keep hazardous materials out of children’s reach (metals, heavy objects, medicines, health supplements, personal care products, sharp tools, and machines)
• Switch off the circuit breaker when going on long vacations or trips
• Keep electric appliances out of children’s reach
• Ensure that window grilles and balcony barriers are as per the set standards to avoid any falls
• Ensure that windows and balcony doors are sealed and locked in the absence of barriers
• Avoid putting furniture near windows or balconies to prevent children from climbing and falling