It looks like the cooking bug has bitten Black Eyed Peas member Apl.de.Ap.
The rapper, who shot to fame with the group’s 2003 debut hit Where is the Love, has recently taken to social media to express his culinary interest.
It looks like he must have taken inspiration from the woman who rules Barack Obama’s kitchen - White House Executive Chef Cristeta Comerford, whom he visited earlier this month.
“Most people don’t know that I love to cook, almost as much as I love music! So every Thursday I am going to share recipes of some of my favourite dishes!” he wrote on Facebook.
“So for #WhatsontheMenutoday is a delicious dish called lumpia. It’s a great dish to make for family occasions or parties and perfect for everyone to enjoy!” he said.
How to cook Apl.de.Ap’s lumpia
1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 carrot, grated
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
2 tablespoon salt
1 package spring roll wrappers
1 1/2 quarts oil for frying
1. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, chopped onion and grated carrot. Make sure to completely mix everything. I suggest getting down and dirty and use your hands. Knead the meat in the bowl.
2. If you must, gradually blend in the soy sauce, black pepper, garlic powder and salt until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
3. Lay out a few wrappers at a time on a flat surface and place about 2 tablespoons of the filling in a line down the centre of the wrapper. Make sure the filling is no thicking than your thumb, or the wrapper will cook faster than the meat.
4. Take the bottom and top edges of the wrapper and fold them towards the centre. Take the left and right sides and fold them towards the centre.
Moisten the last edge of the wrapper to seal. now repeat using the rest of the wrappers.
5. Heat the oil in a deep-fryer or heavy skillet to 190 degrees Celcius. Fry 3 or 4 lumpia at a time. Fry for about 3 or 4 minutes, turning once.
Lumpia pieces are cooked through when they float and the wrapper is golden brown. Cut in half, or serve as is with dipping sauce.
Do you want your favourite celebrity's culinary skills featured? Send an alert on Twitter to @poyen1980 so we can let the rest of the world know what's cooking in their celebrity kitchen.