Aqua-based spectacle La Perle will take place five days a week (Tuesday to Saturday), twice a day, all year long in Dubai, inside of a purpose-built venue in Al Habtoor City. It starts on August 31.
Here are 10 things to know about La Perle in Dubai.
1. The pool at the centre of the stage has a capacity of 2.7 million litres of water, nearly triple the amount of water in an Olympic pool.
2. The sound system works above and below water, so artists and technicians can hear music and communications underwater.
3. There are 135 loudspeakers, making for a 360-degree sound experience.
4. All lights are moving lights with a lifetime of more than 10,000 hours.
5. The theatre can ‘rain’ inside the auditorium because of two water pumps capable of delivering 9,000 litres of water per minute.
6. There is a six-metre tall articulated puppet in the show that’s managed by six performers on the floor and one on top.
7. Everything in the theatre is a projection screen: the seats, the walls, the floor and the building’s dome.
8. Performers will jump from a 25 metre height, performing aerial feats in the air.
9. To ensure the safety of performers, there will be scuba-divers in the water at all times.
10. The pool is cleaned by an independent system 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and is never emptied.