Cairo: Oman’s Health Ministry Thursday confirmed 327 new cases of the novel coronavirus, bringing to 6,370 the country’s overall infections, the Omani news agency ONA reported.
The newly diagnosed cases include 105 Omanis and 222 foreigners, the ministry said without giving a breakdown of foreign patients’ nationalities.
Three more deaths from COVID-19 were announced Wednesday night, raising the total fatalities in Oman to 30. They were two Omani citizens and a foreign resident.
The ministry reported no new recoveries from the disease, keeping the total recoveries so far at 1,661.
Health Minister Ahmad Al Saidi Thursday said the infection cases are on the rise due to people’s non-observance of social distancing.
Oman this week tightened precautions to stem the spread of the coronavirus, including banning all gatherings during the Eid Al Fitr holiday, including the Eid prayer and celebrations, and warned violators of jailing and fine penalties.