Dubai: Oman has decided to suspend all tourist visas for one month, starting March 15, as a precautionary measure against coronavirus, Oman News Agency reported.
The decision was taken during a meeting of a special committee, which was set up to tackle the outbreak of COVID-19.
The Committee discussed various aspects of handling the pandemic and took decisions:
1. To stop tourist visas for all countries.
2. To suspend all types of sports activities.
3. To stop all non-class student activities while at the same time taking into consideration procedures that might be undertaken later in accordance with updated pandemic data.
4. To stop the entry of cruise liners to ports of the Sultanate.
5. To limit court session attendance to the parties concerned only.
6. To ban serving shisha to customers at all licensed outlets.
The panel also recommended non-travel abroad, except in emergency cases, implementation of preventive measures at places of worship and family gatherings and cinema halls.