To help you be the very best like no one ever was, we’ve put together a list of 43 accessible Pokestops and gyms in Dubai. We've even included a labled map, that you can use to travel across the land, searching far and wide.
When you walk around with the Pokemon Go App open on your smartphone, you’ll occasionally see blue and red icons on the GPS map. These are Pokestops and Pokemon gym indicators. They can range from large buildings to art pieces and even monuments and metro stations.
If you think we’ve missed any major ones, tweet us your favorite Pokestops and Pokemon gym locations at @GulfNewsGUIDES
Here are our top picks for the most accessible 21 Pokestops and the 22 Pokemon gyms in Dubai:
The Malls of Dubai
One of the best locations to for Pokestops in Dubai, are within the malls. These are ideal locations, since you aren’t walking out in the heat or driving on the street.
1. The Dubai Mall
2. Mall of the Emirates
3. Ibn Battuta Mall
Sheikh Zayed Road
There’s a couple of standout Pokestops on Sheikh Zayed Road, including:
4. Zaroob Restaurant
5. Emirates Towers Metro Station
If you work in this high-end location, you may look incredibly hilarious following Pokemon around in your power suit, but you got to do what you got to do right?
6. Camel statue at Emirates Towers
7. The Ritz Carlton bridge
8. Maze Tower parking
9. DIFC Gate building
10. The dome in Al Fattan Currency House
This location has quite a lot of Pokestops, but the easiest to stop at are:
11. Princess Tower
12. The waves fountain at the Westin Hotel Mina Seyahi
13. The Skydive Dubai airplane billboard
Tons of students will be passing the time between their summer classes capturing Pokemon in the area.
14. Knowledge Village fountains
If you live on that side of town, your Pokeball stash can still be replenished at the below two Pokestops.
15. Sherlock Circus Tower in Motor City
16. Knot Garden South within Motor City complex
Dubai Studio City
There’s a bunch of places you can make a Pokestops at in DSC
17. Square Fountains
18. Dubai Studio City main roundabout
19. The Dubai Polo & Equestrian Club main entrance
In Rigga, there are two spots where you can heal your Pokemon back to health.
20. Dar Sultan Cultural Center
21. Etisalat building
Arabian Ranches and Studio City
1. The Dubai Polo & Equestrian Club
2. Main gate of Dubai Studio City near the big roundabout
3. At the waves fountain underneath the Damac Waves building.
4. Cayan tower
5. The Flying Mini Cooper on the Concord Tower
6. The Falcon Statue in Knowledge Village
7. Mall of the Emirates
8. Mall of the Emirates Pond
9. Mall of the Emirates Metro Station
10. Time Square Center
11. The First Gulf Bank metro station
Downtown Dubai/Business Bay
12. Burj Khalifa
13. The camel statue at the J.W. Marriot Marquis
14. The Burj Al Arab Hotel
15. Al Safa 2 Community Mosque
16. Tree of the union at the Union House in Jumeirah
17. Egyptian Art wall at Wafi Mall
18. The Wafi obelisk statue
19. The glass pyramids at Wafi Mall
20. Healthcare city metro station
21. Al Jafiliya metro station
22. The clock tower
What can you get at Pokestops?
Pokeballs: Instead of purchasing Pokeballs through the app, you can head to Pokestops, where you can collect Pokeballs for free. This ensures that you can use to capture new monsters.
Potions: These are used to recover the health of your Pokemon following a battle.
Revive: If your Pokemon faints in a gym battle against a rival team, this will restore them to half their maximum health.
Eggs: When you get an egg, you’re basically getting a Pokemon that will only hatch after you walk 2KM, 5KM, or 10KM while it’s in its egg.
Razz Berries: A berry, which allows you to capture certain Pokemon more easily.
Lucky Eggs: An egg that you can eat, which allows you to double the experience that you’ve gained within 30 minutes of consumption.
What can you do in Pokemon gyms?
Pokemon gyms are arenas in specific locations where you can battle other trainers. If you win, you gain experience which allows you to level up. Battles are only one-on-one and really entertaining. The only way to heal the damage after a fight is through potions or a “revive” which you pick up from a Pokestop, once the battle is over.
The Pokestop and gym map:
To get to all the spots we mentioned, check out this map labled with Pokeballs for Pokestops and the gym symbols to lead you to where the gyms are.