Stokes, Samson make short work of Mumbai big total
The Rajasthan Royals’ class players showed their calibre today as they chased down Mumbai Indians’ mammoth total of 195 on Sunday. Ben Stokes’ century (107 runs in 60 balls) and his unbroken third-wicket stand of 152 with Sanju Samson (53 in 31) helped bring down the high-flying Mumbai.
Earlier electing to bat in Abu Dhabi, Mumbai overcame a mid-innings wobble as Hardik Pandya struck seven stunning sixes in his 21-ball 60 to catapult his side to 195/5 in 20 overs. The target looked beyond Rajasthan, given their recent woes. But Stokes found his touch and timing, and Samson’s initial restraint helped build his innings. The result was a win with eight wickets and 10 balls to spare. The victory keeps alive Rajasthan’s slim chance of making the last four.
Relive the matchas it happened...
- IPL 2020 in UAE: Chennai Super Kings beat Royal Challengers Bangalore by 8 wickets – as it happened
- IPL 2020 in UAE: A momentary lapse of reason from Sunrisers batsmen
- IPL 2020 in UAE: Narine’s knock will energise the Kolkata Knight Riders
- IPL 2020 in UAE: Kolkata Knight Riders beat Delhi Capitals by 59 runs – as it happened
- IPL 2020 in UAE: Damage limitation from now on for MS Dhoni’s Chennai Super Kings
- IPL 2020 in UAE: Kings XI Punjab beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 12 runs – as it happened