Saudi Arabia said that its citizens in Bahrain can return to the Kingdom via the King Fahd Causeway without a prearranged permit, as of Thursday.
A statement issued by the Saudi Embassy in Bahrain also said that Saudis arriving at Bahrain airport were subject to a 10-day quarantine.
The 25km-long causeway linking Saudi Arabia to Bahrain was shut down on March 7 as part of a slew of measures to fight the spread of coronavirus.
The reopening of the causeway comes as the Kingdom is easing virus-related measures to prop up the economy.
The reopening of the causeway comes as Bahrain and Saudi ease COVID-19 restrictions. The 25km-long causeway linking Saudi Arabia and Bahrain is instrumental to economic and tourism activities in both countries. Last year Bahrain received a total of 11.1 million visitors, with 88% are coming through the King Fahad causeway, accounting for 9.7 million visitors.