Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
1 Broccoli, separated into medium-sized florets
½ cup yoghurt (ideally hung or Greek)
½ cup cashews
1 tsp black pepper, crushed
½ cup cheese grated (any mild cheese or processed)
1/4 cup fresh cream
2 tsp green chilli paste (pounded)
½ tsp white pepper powder
½ tsp green cardamom powder
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt to taste
½ tbsp chaat masala (can be store bought or for homemade recipe, check below)
1 cup cheddar cheese
1. Blanch the broccoli. In a large pot, boil water, add salt then as it bubbles, add the broccoli and cook it for 2 to 3 minutes. Strain the broccoli.
2. Now dunk it in iced water to stop the cooking process and after it cools, strain it.
3. Remove onto a clean cloth and wipe it dry, then keep aside.
4. Then combine the yoghurt, cheese, fresh cream, green chilli paste, white pepper powder, green cardamom powder and salt in a bowl, to create the marinade.
5. Add the broccoli and mix well. Use your hands to massage the marinade into the broccoli, making sure all of it is covered well. Set aside to marinate for 20 minutes.
6. Take skewers, either metal or wooden, place the florets one after the other. Then grill for 3 to 5 minutes or until the broccoli is tender when you poke it with a fork. The broccoli should a golden colour on the top.
7. Transfer to a roasting tray, and top with cheddar cheese and bake for 2 minutes at 180 °C, until the cheese melts.
8. Serve hot with cut red onion and lemons wedges.
Editor’s Note: Here is a recipe to make chaat masala at home.
Share your favourite recipes with us at firstname.lastname@example.org