As Expo 2020 Dubai clocks millions of visitors, queues to over 200 pavilions and attractions are getting longer. Don’t let the crowd discourage you from exploring the best of what Expo has to offer – yes, though the wait is worth it, you can skip it. With a few taps, activate something called a Smart Queue system on your phone and book your visit in advance.
Visitors can book a slot with a pavilion through the official Expo 2020 website and the mobile app. Each ticket allows you 10 Smart Queue bookings; if you are a multi-day pass or season pass holder, then this is 10 bookings per day.
Here is how you can easily save time and make the most of The World’s Greatest Show:
Linking your ticket
To activate the Smart Queue system, you first need to link your ticket to your Expo account. If you do not have one, follow these steps to sign up on the mobile app:
Step 1: Create an Expo account
- Download the official Expo 2020 mobile app from Google Play Store or App Store.
- Tap the right-most icon to access ‘My Profile’.
- Select the ‘Log in or Register’ tab to get started.
- Enter your email address and click confirm.
- Type in your full name and preferred password.
- Activate your account by clicking on the link sent to your email inbox.
Step 2: Link a ticket
- Log in with your new account details on the app.
- Tap the orange Expo logo at the bottom and select ‘Manage orders’.
- Tap ‘Link a ticket’ and paste your ticket number, which is found below the QR code on your e-ticket.
- Hit ‘Add ticket’ and you’re good to go.
Activating Smart Queue
Once your e-ticket is visible on your app, tap ‘Active Smart Queue’ and pick the number of bookings you would like out of 10. Then do the following:
- Select your date of visit.
- Pick a pavilion of your choice.
- Select a suitable time slot from the available timings – you get 14 minutes each pavilion – and hit ‘Save’.
Keep an eye out for a confirmation email on your booking from Expo with a QR code. On the day, you can walk right into the separate smart queue lane and present your code to the pavilion staff for a wait-free visit.