Dubai: Saudi Arabia on Monday announced four new COVID-19 deaths as the total number of confirmed infections rose to 2,523.
T.he death toll rose to 38, Dr. Mohammed Abdulali, Health Ministry’s spokesperson, said during a press conference. The spokesperson announced 63 new recoveries, pushing the total number of recovered patients to 551
“Most new diagnosed cases are linked to failure to follow precautionary measures [like] staying home and [abiding by] the curfew policy. The other newly diagnosed cases are for those who had been in contact with infected people,” Dr. Abdulali said.
The COVID-19 virus poses a danger to young people as well, and is not limited to the older ones, said Abdulali, urging people to stay at home and not to leave except for extreme necessity.
The spokesperson said Saudi authorities are sparing no effort in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic, putting in place all necessary preventive measures and quarantine instructions to ensure everyone’s safety. This is evidenced from the increase in the number of recoveries, which reached 551 on Monday.
“The rise in the number of recoveries reflects the success of health authorities’ anti-coronavirus plans that are in force by the COVID-19 control committees across the kingdom’s regions,” he said.
Dr. Abdulali stressed that most cases are stable and receiving treatment and the necessary healthcare, while a few cases are critical and are under intensive care.
The new infections have been detected upon screening those who were in contact with previously announced cases.
The spokesperson highlighted the need to avoid social gatherings and crowded places, urging the public to abide by the stay-home instructions as a preventive measure to ensure everyone’s safety.