Washington: The United States military on Monday released new photos incriminating Iran in last week’s attacks on oil tankers in Gulf waters.
One of the photos shows what the Pentagon described as “the remnants of the magnetic attachment device of (an) unexploded limpet mine” placed on one of the tankers. The US says an Iranian patrol boat removed the mine.
“Iran is responsible for the attack based on video evidence and the resources and proficiency needed to quickly remove the unexploded limpet mine,” the Pentagon said in a statement accompanying the pictures.
- Britain 'almost certain' Iran was behind tanker attacks - foreign minister Hunt
- Damaged tanker arrives at UAE anchorage amid increased regional tensions
- 'We don't want war in the region...But we won't hesitate to deal with any threat': Saudi Crown Prince
- Why is Iran targeting tankers in the Middle East?
- World should help stop tanker attacks