In the second part of our podcast episode on stress, Dr. Saliha Afridi, Clinical Psychologist and Managing Director of The Lighthouse Arabia, speaks to Tell Me Why podcast host Maria Botros about how exercise prepares you for stress response.
- Getting 7-8 hours of good quality sleep helps you become 60% more reactive during the day
- Exercise is crucial because it prepares you for stress response
- During major adjustment periods, people should limit external commitments for 6 weeks to avoid high levels of stress
- Some people are more prone to stress than others
- Before seeking professional help, people should assess the intensity, frequency and duration of their anxiety