Here's what to get your very first superhero this year;
A golfing treat
This Father’s Day, treat your father to the ultimate golfing package at Address Montgomerie which includes a one 45-minute personalised golf lesson at The Academy by Troon Golf with one of their PGA certified professional instructors, one 18-hole midweek green-fee voucher and seven-day Academy Membership. This membership includes access to The Driving Range and the Par 3 Course. it’s the perfect gift for beginners and seasoned golfers alike.
Location Address Montgomerie, Dubai Cost Dh680 per person Details Vouchers will have a 3-month validity period starting from 18 June 2017 Contact +971 4 3631209 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Free meals for the dads
On Wednesday, June 21, fathers are invited to dine at Eggspectation to receive a complimentary meal. Open from noon to midnight, fathers can choose from the all-day dining menu as well as the Iftar menu from sunset onwards.
Location Eggspectation, The Beach, JBR Cost Free meal for the dad Offer date June 21 Contact 04 430 7252
Spring in his step
Put a spring in your dad’s step this Father’s Day and treat him to a sports-inspired shoe with all the comfort of Clarks. With natural ease and relaxed styling encapsulated in the design, the Triflow is a perfect gift for any active dad, or one that’s looking to be more active..
Cost Dh575 Outlet/Brand Clarks
Smooth shaving all year
For the smoothest shave he could have every day of the year, pick Luna 2 - a facial cleansing brush, that drives away dead skin cells and unclogs pores off 99.5 per cent of dirt and oil to prepare skin for a closer, more comfortable shave. He’ll only needs 2-minutes a day to keep skin looking smooth, refreshed and toned, plus the low frequency pulsations will work their magic on his fine lines and wrinkles.
Cost Dh900 Outlet/brand Foreo
Impress him at Gaucho
Let me tell you from first-hand experience, Gaucho is the place I would take my dad to impress him – with great food, the beautiful ambience and a vibe of opulence. Gaucho is hosting a Father’s Day roast and you can craft an indulgent experience for your dad by tailor making his Father’s Day meal. Go with a starter and roast, dessert and roast or all three together and tuck into the tender yet succulent Bife De Chorizo, the Spatchcock Chicken or the marbled full bodied Bife De Ancho.
The best part? 3 dads stand to win premium packages from the prestigious and bespoke Chaps & Co. barbershop, as well as other Gaucho surprises.
Location Gaucho Dubai, DIFC Cost Just Roast Dh185; 2 courses Dh215 (Starter and Roast or Roast and Dessert); 3 courses Dh245 (Starter,Roast and Dessert) Dates June 17 and 18 Contact +971 4 422 7898
Cook dad a meal at home
Sometimes all dad wants is a delicious home cooked meal made by the people he loves. Here's how you can make him a fancy Manzoni Restaurant's Squid Ink Risotto at home.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 10 ounces (300 grams) squid, cleaned and cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon squid ink
- 7 ounces (200 grams) peeled tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 stick (50 grams) butter
- 14 ounces (400 grams) aborio, vialone nano, or cannaroli rice
- 1 liter fish stock, heated
- A handful of fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Water, as necessary
- Gently saute half the onion in olive oil until soft and slightly golden. Add the garlic and the squid, together with the ink. Cook for a few minutes then add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Let simmer gently, covered, for half an hour or until the squid is soft, stirring occasionally and checking for tenderness. If needed, add some more water to the pan to keep it 'saucy'.
- In a separate pan, saute the rest of the onion with the butter. Add the rice and toast it for a minute, stirring until it's covered in the butter. Add 1 cup of the stock and, over low heat, bring to a simmer. As the liquid reduces, keep adding stock by the cup. The rice will take about 17 minutes to cook in total; halfway through cooking, add the squid to the rice. Continue cooking and adding stock (in some cases, you may need to add some water as you want the rice to cook in plenty of liquid).
- After 17 minutes the rice should be al dente and the risotto itself should still have a good amount of liquid in it. Take off the heat and toss the rice energetically to create creaminess – essentially you are emulsifying the liquid. The risotto should end up being what Italians call 'al onda', wave-like, which means when you put it on the plate (not a bowl, but a flat plate), it should be liquid enough that it spreads out when you bang the bottom of the plate gently with the palm of your hand. Serve immediately with chopped parsley over the top.