I worked in a company for more than three years. Presently, I am terminated by the company due to my poor job performance and other problem as per my company management as the latter refused to give me my rights in full, although I had filed complaint before the Ministry of Labour which is currently pending before the labour court. My question here can I work with another company, as the labour case might take a long time before the court and I need a work to support my family and pay my credit card loan. I heard that the current employer has to give me NOC in order to get a temporary work permit but I’m sure that my company will not give me NOC for allowing me to work temporary with another company. Please advice

I would like to clarify to the questioner that he may apply for the Ministry of Labour to allow him to work temporarily for six months, as the questioner shall request the court to provide him with certificate states that he has a labour case pending before the court, so as to attach the same with the application related to the temporary work permit before the Ministry of Labour, which in return might grant him the temporary work permit. Finally NOC from the current employer for temporary work permit is not required.

Readers’ questions answered by Advocate Mohammad Ebrahim Al Shaiba of Al Shaiba Advocates and Legal Consultants