Dubai: The number of nominations for the award categories doubled to 106 at last week's FiFi Arabia Awards, the seminal event for the fragrance industry in the region. These nominations were received from 41 brands, including regional names.
The surge in nominations is partially explained by the event organisers introducing six ‘Consumer Choice' awards voted for by the public.
"The Middle East fragrance market has always been consumer driven, so it seemed only natural to accommodate the people's choice," said Shahzad Haider, who founded the Fragrance Foundation Arabia along with Grit Pannier.
The other awards were judged by a panel of industry specialists and split into two categories — Arabic and international — to reflect the reality of the regional marketplace.
"We were very pleased with the number of nominations in all categories this year; the event was a fantastic success and we look forward to continuing with its growth over the coming years," said Pannier.
- Arabian Prestige Male Fragrance of the Year: Incense Oud by Killian
- Arabian Prestige Female Fragrance of the Year: Arabian Legend by Arabian Oud
- Arabian Popular Appeal Male Fragrance of the Year: Majestic by Arabian Oud
- Arabian Popular Appeal Female Fragrance of the Year: Raman by Abdul Samad Al Quraishi and Kashka by SAP
- International Prestige Male Fragrance of the Year: Straight to Heaven by Killian
- International Prestige Female Fragrance of the Year: Miroie Des Voluptes by Clarins
- International Popular Appeal Male Fragrance of the Year: Boss Orange by P&G
- International Popular Appeal Female Fragrance of the Year: Diesel Loverdose by L'Oreal
Consumer Choice Awards
Retailer of the Year
- Multi-brand Store of the Year - Paris Gallery
- Mono-brand Store of the Year - Ajmal
My Favourite Perfume of the Year
- Arabian Fragrance Male - Woody Intense by Arabian Oud
- Arabian Fragrance Female - Attar Al Mohabba by Rasasi
- International Fragrance Male - Gucci Guilty by Gucci
- International Fragrance Female - Beauty by Calvin Klein