My wife is pregnant and will give birth in one month's time. I wanted to cancel her visa and send her home to give birth but could not do that because her doctor did not allow her to travel and strongly advised her to give birth here. My only option now is to cancel my wife's visa after delivery. Do I need to obtain a visa for my newborn baby or can my baby travel out of the UAE without obtaining a residency visa?

In the event of delivery, as per the Department of Naturalisation and Residence such a baby is entitled to stay in the country for 120 days, after this period, he is free whether to complete the procedures of residence for the newborn baby or to obtain a leave permit from the Department of Naturalisation and Residence.

Questions answered by Advocate Mohammad Ebrahim Al Shaiba of Al Bahar Advocates and Legal Consultants.