Gulfnews.com publishes a number of RSS feeds. These feeds contain article headlines, links and descriptions and are updated as the website is updated – with a slight delay. If you haven’t already set up an RSS Reader, you’ll find help on how to do so below.
Gulf News RSS Terms and Conditions
RSS (Really Simple Syndication) service is a means by which the website “Gulfnews.com” (“Gulf News Website”) offers feeds of news headlines, summaries and links to full stories in XML format ("RSS Service") to its visitors. These Terms and Conditions of Use govern your use of the RSS Service.
1. Use of RSS Service: Subject to the terms of this Agreement and unless otherwise consented to in writing by Al Nisr Publishing LLC, the owner of Gulf News Website (“Al Nisr”), Al Nisr hereby grants you a revocable, nontransferable, royalty-free, nonexclusive right to display on your website ("Site") for non-commercial use the headlines, summaries and links to full stories and other information or materials that you specifically select to receive from Gulf News Website (collectively the “Content”) through the RSS Service. By using RSS Service you agree to comply with all of these Terms and Conditions of Use. Al Nisr reserves the right to modify the RSS Service at any time at its sole discretion.
2. Restrictions: Except as expressly set forth in Clause 1 and/or unless otherwise consented to in writing by Al Nisr, you may not, directly or indirectly: (a) alter, edit or delete all or any of the Content; (b) sell, translate, copy, publish, transmit, distribute or otherwise disseminate the Content or any portion thereof; (c) rent, lease, or otherwise transfer rights to the RSS Service; (d) display the name, logo, trademark or other identifier of another person (except for Gulf News Website or you) on your Site in such a manner as to give the viewer the impression that such other person is a publisher or distributor of the RSS Service on the Site; (e) remove, conceal or obliterate any copyright or other proprietary notice, legends, credits, markings included on the Content, including without limitation, the size, color, location or style of Gulf News Website marks; (f) encumber or cause to exist any lien or security interest on the RSS Service or Content; (g) make any representation or warranty on behalf of Gulf News Website and Al Nisr; or (h) use the RSS Service on any Site that contains objectionable material, information, promotes or provides instructional information about illegal activities or physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or use the RSS Service in any manner that is obscene, defamatory, libelous, invasive of personal privacy or misleading. Unless otherwise permitted in writing by Gulf News Website, you will: (i) display the RSS Service on your Site in the exact form received by you; (ii) comply with all applicable laws and all limitations and restrictions (if any) on the use, display or distribution of any RSS Service; (iii) give Gulf News Website complete and accurate registration information when requested to do so; and (iv) not archive any of the Content for access by users at any future date after the RSS Service has been terminated in accordance with these removed from your Site. You acknowledge that you will not (i) display the RSS Service in such a manner that does not allow for successful linking and redirection to, and delivery of, Gulf News Website’s page; (ii) insert any intermediate page, splash page or other content between the RSS link and the applicable Gulf News Website page; and (iii) attempt to hide your identity, represent yourself as someone else, compromise or attempt to compromise the security of any account, or interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of RSS Services. You further acknowledge that any use, or attempt to use, any RSS Service beyond the scope expressly granted by Gulf News Website under Terms and Conditions of Use, or attempt to tamper, hack, spoof, use robots or scripts, copy, distribute, modify, or otherwise corrupt the administration, security, or proper function of any part of the RSS Service will, in addition to termination of this Agreement, result in you being subject to appropriate legal and equitable action.
3. Liability: Gulf News Website assumes no liability for your activity in connection with the RSS Service or for the development, operation, and maintenance of your Site. You expressly agree that use of RSS service is at your sole risk. Neither Gulf News Website, Al Nisr, its affiliates nor any of their respective employees, agents, third party content providers or licensors warrant that RSS Service will be uninterrupted or error free; nor do they make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from use of RSS Service, or as to the accuracy, reliability or content of any information, service, or merchandise provided through RSS Service. RSS Service is provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, other than those warranties which are implied by and incapable of exclusion, restriction or modification under the laws applicable to these Terms and Conditions of Use. This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortuous behavior, negligence, or under any other cause of action. You specifically acknowledge that neither Gulf News Website nor Al Nisr is liable for the defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of other users or third-parties and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with you. In no event will Gulf News Website, Al Nisr, its affiliates nor any of their respective employees, agents, third party content providers or licensors be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages arising out of the use of or inability to use RSS Service.
4. Ownership: All title, ownership rights, and intellectual property rights in and to the Content, any and all Gulf News Website logos and trademarks used in connection with the RSS Service, and any copies or portions thereof, shall remain at all times vested in Al Nisr. In addition, any additional programming or technology provided by Gulf News Website in connection with the delivery of the RSS Service or otherwise shall remain the sole property of Al Nisr and no part thereof shall be deemed assigned or licensed to you. Al Nisr shall retain all rights to the RSS Service not expressly granted to you under Clause 1 of these Terms and Conditions of Use. You must contact Al Nisr immediately if anyone makes or threatens to make a claim against you relating to your use of the Content and you will comply with any reasonable request from Al Nisr in relation to such claim. You must provide attribution to the appropriate Gulf News Website in connection with your use of the RSS feed. If you provide this attribution using a graphic, you must use the appropriate Gulf News Website's logo that we have incorporated into the RSS feed. You must always stipulate that the Content is supplied by Gulfnews.com and is protected by copyright and owned by Al Nisr. You represent and warrant to Al Nisr that your mark(s) and/or content on your Site, other than the RSS Service, do not and will not infringe any trademark, service mark, copyright, right to publicity, right of privacy or other intellectual property right of a third party, constitute false, deceptive or unfair advertising or disparagement under applicable law, or fail to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
5. Right to Discontinue Feeds: Al Nisr reserves the right to restrict, suspend or terminate the RSS Service or your access to any or all of the RSS feeds at any time without liability for any reason including, without limitation, your violation of any provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use. Any fraudulent, abusive, or otherwise illegal activity will be grounds for termination of your use of the RSS Service. You agree to destroy or return to Al Nisr all copies of the RSS Service and all proprietary information promptly upon learning of any termination. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by Al Nisr, you may terminate your use of the RSS Service at any time by destroying or removing all copies of the RSS Service from your Site, all hard drives, networks, and other storage media.
6. Indemnity: You hereby agree to fully indemnify, defend and hold Gulf News Website, Al Nisr and its parent and affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and licensors (the “Indemnities”) harmless from and against any and all claims, liability, losses, costs and expenses (including attorneys' fees) incurred by them or any of them in connection with: (i) any use or alleged use by you of the RSS Service and/or the Content; or (ii) the operation and content on your Site or (iii) any breach of your representations and warranties and other covenants under this Agreement. The Indemnified reserve the right, at their own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with their defense of such claim.
7. Miscellaneous: You shall be responsible for compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, if any, related to the performance of your obligations under this Agreement. Neither party will be liable for any failure to perform any obligation hereunder, or from any delay in the performance thereof, due to causes beyond its control, including industrial disputes of whatever nature, acts of God, public enemy, acts of government, failure of telecommunications, fire or other casualty. Gulf News Website and Al Nisr are not responsible for any costs or liability associated with making a connection (by any means) to the Internet, the RSS Service or other online service, or network. You certify you are legally permitted to use the RSS Service, and if you are an individual, you are over 18 years of age. You take full responsibility for the selection and use of the Services and access of the content. These Terms and Conditions of Use are void where prohibited by law, and the right to access the RSS Service is revoked in such jurisdictions. You have no authority to make or accept any offers or representations on our behalf and you shall not make any statement, on your Site or otherwise, that conflicts with these Terms and Conditions of Use.
8. Governing Law: These Terms and Conditions of Use shall be governed by and construed under the laws of and the courts of the Emirate of Dubai shall have jurisdiction of over any dispute arising in relation hereto, without regard to its conflict of laws principles.
How to use an RSS Reader
Okay, I have installed the Web reader, what do I do now? Once you have an RSS reader, subscribing to a feed is easy.
Either: Copy and paste, or just type the URL into the ‘add feed’ section of your RSS reader. Hit return.
Drag the icon into your RSS reader. This should automatically download the content you selected into your reader.Great. It’s working.
How often are GulfNews.com's RSS feeds updated?
The RSS feeds are updated throughout the day, new stories will be added to the RSS feed with a maximum 15 minute delay from the Web site – more often than not it’s pretty immediate.
Fact box: What is RSS and Why you Want It?!
With an RSS reader you can get updated content automatically sent from dozens of websites, saving you the hassle of having to click from site to site in order to get the latest stories.All you have to do is load your RSS reader and read – you don’t need to visit the individual web sites. You can also subscribe to as many RSS feeds as you want to, meaning that you can get content from all of your favourite sites in one place.