Jessica Smith, Disability Inclusion Consultant, joins Maria Botros on the Tell Me Why podcast to discuss the importance of having conversations about disability inclusion with children at a very young age and igniting the level of curiosity that kids have.
- Jessica: I found an opportunity to talk about the complexities of diversity and inclusion, felt that disability wasn't being discussed enough
- Jessica says parents of children with disabilities have to find support groups to help make the journey easier
- The community in Dubai is very receptive, so it hasn't been difficult to have conversations about disability, says Jessica
- Jessica speaks to people as young as 4 years old about the importance of disability inclusion
- Jessica says that, as a child, she was more disabled by her environment than her actual disability