1 chicken breast (150 gms)
A pinch of sugar
A pinch of table salt
½ tbsp Japanese mayonnaise (store bought)
½ t tbsp soy sauce
½ tbsp oyster sauce
5 gms garlic (grated)
5 gms ginger (grated)
½ all-purpose flour
20 gms panko breadcrumbs
40 gms Yuzu Kosho mayonnaise
30 ml Teriyaki sauce (store bought)
30 gms cabbage (sliced)
10 gms chives
2 slices of milk bread
For the Yuzu Kosho mayonnaise:
250 gms Japanese mayonnaise
30 gms Yuzu Kosho (store bought - Japanese citrus chili paste)
8 ml Ponzu (Japanese soy citrus vinegar)
20 ml lemon juice
75 ml corn oil
Making Yuzu Kosho mayonnaise:
1. Add all the ingredients except the corn oil at this stage into a bowl. Whisk together to form a uniform mixture.
2. Slowly drizzle the corn oil into the mixture while whisking so that it incorporates well. Yuzu Kosho mayonnaise is ready.
Making the chicken sando:
1. Cut the chicken breast in the centre, such that the thickness is even.
2. Marinate it for 15 to 30 minutes in a mixture of sugar, salt, Japanese mayonnaise, soy sauce, oyster sauce, grated ginger and garlic.
3. Once the chicken has marinated, sprinkle it with all-purpose flour then coat it with panko breadcrumbs, and deep fry it till the chicken is cooked and the crust is golden in colour.
4. Toast the bread on both sides brushed with butter.
5. Spread Yuzu Kosho mayonnaise on one side of one of the bread slices, spread Teriyaki sauce on one side of the second slice of bread.
6. Place the fried chicken katsu on the bread, drizzle it with Teriyaki sauce, and the mixture of cabbage mix with chives. Drizzle with Yuzu Kosho mayonnaise and place the second slice of bread to form a sandwich.
7. Cut it into four and serve hot.
Do you have any favourite dishes you would like to share the recipes for? Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org