4 to 5 jumbo shrimps with the head on (U5 size)
20 ml lemon juice
1 tsp salt
2 tsp ginger and garlic paste (equal measures)
4 tbsp labneh
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
½ tsp green cardamom powder
½ tsp kashmiri chilli powder – ½ tsp
½ tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
Salt to taste
2 tbsp mustard oil
A pinch of saffron
1 tsp Bird’s Eye chilli, chopped
½ tsp green lime zest
1 tbsp whole grain mustard
½ tbsp oyster sauce
½ tbsp rose water
100 gms mayonnaise
1 tbsp saffron essence
Pinch of saffron
1 tbsp sweet mango chutney (store bought)
Salt to taste
½ tsp sugar
1. Combine the ginger and garlic paste with salt and lemon juice.
2. Split the shrimps open and marinate with the mixture.
3. Keep the shrimps in the chiller.
4. To start preparing the second marinade, in a mixing bowl, whisk the labneh till creamy and mix in cumin powder, garam masala powder, green cardamom powder, kashmiri chilli powder, dried fenugreek leaves, mustard oil, saffron, bird’s eye chilli, green lime zest, whole grain mustard, oyster sauce, rose water and salt.
5. Apply this marinade generously on the shrimps.
1. Combine all the ingredients and keep in the chiller untill you use it.
1. On a preheated charcoal grill add the marinated shrimps shell-side down. Let it cook for 10 minutes.
1. Baste the shrimps regularly with butter.
2. Add the saffron sauce on top and let it melt.
3. Check for doneness, and serve the shrimps with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- With input for shooting and building the recipe by Falah Gulzar, Assistant Social Media Editor
Do you have a recipe to share? Write to us at email@example.com