800 gms lobster
210 gms dried peach
50 gms peanuts
60 gms pickled red ginger
100 gms white radish
100 gms carrots
100 gms red cabbage
200 gms green bamboo shoot
60 gms red capsicum
50 gms sesame seeds
100 gms Chinese plum sauce (store bought)
1. Slice the lobster, cook it in boiling water for 30 seconds and then put it in an ice bath.
2. Julienne all the vegetables and dried peach, and set aside. Do not mix the cut vegetables.
3. This dish is served cold, so only cut the vegetables when you are ready to plate.
4. Place the lobster at the centre of a circular serving dish and then place all the cut vegetables, in bunches, around the lobster.
5. Pour the plum sauce on top.
Note: This is a festive dish usually served on Chinese New Year, traditionally, the guests must toss the ingredients using their chopsticks and mix them together. It is believed that the higher they toss the ingredients, the more bountiful the year ahead will be.
Do you have any favourite dishes you would like to share the recipes for? Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org