2 medium eggs
2 pieces of sourdough bread toast
Sakura mix or chives for ganish
450 gms avocado
140 gms chopped deseeded tomatoes
6 gms coriander leaves
9 ml lemon juice
Salt to taste
White pepper to taste
50 ml olive oil
120 ml egg yolk
210 gms butter
25 ml water
10 ml lemon juice
8 ml vinegar
Salt to taste
Making the guacamole
1. Mash the avocado according to how chunky you like it.
2. Cut all your vegetables and mix all the ingredients with the salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil in a mixing bowl.
1. Heat the water until it is simmering and add vinegar.
2. Stir the water and drop one egg at a time while the water is moving. Cook for around 4 minutes if you like your eggs cooked medium. Adjust the time according to how cooked you like your eggs. If you want a silky yolk, cook your eggs for around 2 minutes.
Making the Hollandaise
1. In a mixing bowl add yolk, water, lemon juice and vinegar.
2. Put the bowl over a double boiler and whisk until the mixture is tempered, which will take around 3-4 minutes.
3. When the mixture starts to become thick, slowly drizzle the melted butter and add salt in the end.
Plate the dish
1. Toast the bread with butter and spread a generous layer of guacamole.
2. Put the two poached eggs and drizzle with Hollandaise sauce.
3. Garnish with Sakura mix or chives.
Do you have a favourite recipe to share? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org