4 fresh chicken breasts
1/2 tsp black peppercorn
2 bay leaves
1 cup water
5 tbsp salt
4 cups flour
2 tbsp paprika powder
2 tbsp cayenne powder
2 tbsp dried, crushed basil
1 tbsp cumin powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tbsp black pepper powder
1 tbsp salt
1 cup whole fat milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp white vinegar
1 tsp paprika powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup hot sauce (store bought)
3 tbsp honey
2 tbsp clarified butter
4 bread buns
2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
1 cup diced dill pickles (can be store bought)
1/2 cup ranch sauce (store bought)
Brining the chicken
1. Mix all the ingredients with the water to create a brine and dunk the chicken breasts in the liquid.
2. Keep the chicken breasts refrigerated in the liquid for 24 to 48 hours to tenderise the meat and add flavour to it.
Coating and cooking the chicken
1. Make the spiced flour by adding all the spices to the plain flour and mixing well.
2. Make the wet batter by combining all the ingredients and whisking well, until no lumps are left.
3. Coat the chicken in the spiced flour then dip it in the wet batter, making sure it is well coated and then dip it back in the spiced flour.
4. Fry the chicken until golden and fully cooked from the centre, this will take around 10-12 minutes.
5. Mix the hot sauce, honey and butter to make the glaze.
6. Brush the glaze over the chicken.
Stacking the burger
1. Butter the buns and toast lightly.
2. Place the fried chicken then top it with the shredded lettuce and dill pickles.
3. Add a generous dollop of the ranch sauce before adding the top bun. Serve hot and enjoy!
Do you have a favourite recipe to share? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org