800 gms beef, minced
1/2 cup fried onions
4 beef bacon strips
4 cheese slices
2 tbsp barbecue sauce (store bought)
4 tbsp special sauce
Salt to taste
4 bread buns
Special burger sauce
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp ketchup
1/2 tbsp pickles, diced
1/2 tsp mustard
1/4 tsp paprika powder
2 cups flour
1 tbsp paprika powder
1 tbsp cayene powder
1 tbsp dried crushed basil
1/2 tbsp cumin powder
1/2 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 tbsp black pepper powder
1/2 tbsp salt
1/2 cup onion, sliced
Making the fried Onions
1. Make the spiced flour by adding all the spices to the plain flour and mixing well.
2. Put the cut onion rings into the spiced flour and coat well.
3. Fry until golden brown, which will take around 5 minutes.
Making the special burger sauce
1. Whisk together the mayonnaise, ketchup, pickles, mustard and paprika until combined well.
Cooking the patty and tacking the burger
1. Fry the beef strip bacon until crispy, which will take around 5 minutes.
2. Fry the minced beef patty on high heat to create the perfect sear on the meat. A well done patty will take 5 minutes to cook. Top with the American cheese after flipping the burger, so that the cheese melts on it.
3. To start assembling the burger, butter the buns and toast lightly.
4. Add a dollop of barbecue sauce then place the patties with the melted cheese on top.
5. Add the crispy bacon and fried onions on top.
6. Add the special burger sauce before adding the top bun. Serve hot and enjoy!
Do you have a favourite recipe to share? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org