2 or 3 large ripe bananas, peeled and mashed well with a fork
100g or ½ cup melted unsalted butter (plus some more to grease the loaf pan)
¾ cup brown sugar, powdered
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
2) Sift the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
3) In a mixing bowl, mix the melted butter and the sugar.
4) Add the beaten eggs one at a time and mix (you don’t need an electric beater, you can do this with a fork or a hand-held whisk).
5) Add in the mashed bananas and the vanilla extract (if you love the flavour of vanilla like me, you can add a few extra drops), and mix.
6) Add the flour and fold it in using a spatula, but don’t overmix.
7) Grease a loaf pan, dust it with flour, and pour in the batter.
8) Bake it in the oven for 55 minutes at 350°F (175°C). Insert a toothpick into the center of the bread to see if it comes out clean.
9) Ask an adult to help you remove the loaf pan from the oven, then let the pan cool for a few minutes.
10) Remove the banana bread from the loaf pan and let it cool, till your tummy starts rumbling and you can’t wait any longer. Then cut with a bread knife into 1-inch slices and enjoy.
Tell us about your favourite recipes at email@example.com