1. Boil and peel potatoes. Mash.
2. Chop onions, ginger and green chillies finely.
3. Heat 15ml of oil. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves. When mustard seeds crackle, add chopped spices, potatoes, turmeric and salt. Add lime juice. Mix well. Remove.
4. Divide into 40 portions (the size of a large lime).
5. Prepare the batter by sifting together gram flour, soda bicarbonate, salt and water to a smooth batter of medium thickness.
6. Dip in prepared batter and deep fry.
Tell us about your favourite dishes and recipes at email@example.com