500gm chicken thigh or breast, deboned
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp soft cheese such as Philadelphia
4 tbsp home-made curd or plain yoghurt
1 tsp garam masala
Salt to taste
1 tsp chat masala (approximately)
1 tbsp melted clarified butter or ghee
1. Make the homemade curd or use thick yoghurt. De-bone and cut chicken into large 4 cm/2-inch pieces.
2. To make the marinade: mix chili powder, ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice, and salt. Add the chicken pieces and mix in well to cover them. Leave to marinate in the fridge covered with plastic wrap for at least 2 hours, overnight preferably.
3. In another bowl, add soft cheese, hung curd or yoghurt, red chili powder, garam masala and salt to taste. Mix well into a smooth paste. Add the marinated chicken into this mixture just before grilling.
4. Pre-heat the grill, tandoor or barbeque. Put the chicken pieces on metal skewers. Cook the chicken on slow fire for about 10 minutes. In the meantime, mix the chat masala and melted butter.
5. Remove the chicken from the fire. Baste with chat masala and butter mixture, remove from the skewer and serve hot.
Tell us about your favourite dishes or recipes at firstname.lastname@example.org