1 chicken, cut into 8 pieces
1 ½ tbsp (20ml) olive oil
250 gm beef sausages, sliced
2 white onions, finely chopped
30 gm garlic, pounded
50 gm assorted bell peppers
30 gm squid, sliced
2 pinches saffron
120gm tomato, peeled and chopped
400 gm long grain rice
60 gm clams, washed
40 gm mussels
30 gm prawns, peeled
50 gm crab meat
1. Heat olive oil in a shallow paella pan and cook chicken pieces until golden brown. Drain and keep aside.
2. In the same oil, cook sausages till slightly brown. Add onion, garlic, peppers, squid and saffron. Saute till onion is transparent.
3. Add tomato, mix and add rice. Mix well and add the remaining seafood. Saute for a minute and add chicken stock (two and-half times the volume of the rice). Cover with a foil and bring to a boil.
4. Put the pan in a preheated oven and cook the paella at 220⁰C for 25-30 minutes.
5. Switch off the oven, leave the paella in it, covered, for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy: Chef Uwe Micheel, Radisson SAS Dubai Creek
Tell us about your favourite recipes or dishes at firstname.lastname@example.org