½ cup ghee
1 cup sifted self-raising flour
½ cup sifted gram flour
½ cup powdered sugar
2 tsp freshly powdered cardamom seeds
½ tsp freshly powdered cinnamon
1 tsp powdered pistachio nuts
1 tsp freshly powdered cardamom seeds
1. Preheat oven to Gas Mark 3/very moderate 170°C.
2. Combine ½ cup ghee with other ingredients (except garnish) by hand for 10 minutes.
3. Divide into 32 smooth balls. Roll well between two palms.
4. Place on non-stick baking tray with 6cm space between each. Press a little garnish on top.
5. Bake on upper rack for 20 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Keeps for a month in air-tight jar.
Tell us about your favourite dishes or recipes at firstname.lastname@example.org