1 piece flour tortilla (store bought)
150gms mozzarella cheese
Pico de gallo (chopped tomatoes, onions, coriander seasoned with lime and salt)
Crispy tortilla chips and salsa, to serve
120gms chicken tinga (slow cooked chicken in chipotle tomato sauce - recipe below)
150gms chicken breast
100ml chicken stock
5gms guajillo chili
10gms chipotle chili
40gms chopped white onions
5gms chopped garlic
80gms chopped tomato
Salt and pepper to taste
1. To make the chicken tinga, boil the chicken in the stock and after remove it from the stock. Peel and clean the guajillo and soak it in the chicken stock for 5 minutes, then blend it nicely together with the chipotle.
2. Shred the chicken.
3. In a hot pan add some sunflower oil and sauté the onions and garlic.
4. Then add tomatoes and keep cooking for two minutes in medium heat.
5. Add the chillies previously blended and season it with salt and pepper. Boil for two minutes and add the chicken. Mix and boil for one minute.
6. Put the flour tortilla in a hot grill or pan fry.
7. Spread the cheese all over the tortilla, then add the pico de gallo.
8. Spread the chicken as well and then fold it into half and cook until you get a nice brown crust, about 5 to 6 minutes.
9. Cut the quesadilla equally into 4 slices, serve it with crispy tortilla chips and salsa.
Note: This recipe was first published on May 5, 2021.
Do you have a recipe you would like us to feature? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org