1. In a large flat plate or parat, put turmeric powder and salt; mix well.
2. Make sure you make cuts in the fish before applying the marinade, this will allow the flavours to infuse better inside the fish.
3. Coat fish in the marinade and allow it to rest for 15 minutes. This is the first marinade.
4. For the second marinade, grind ginger, garlic, tamarind, green chillis, koli masala (powder), coriander leaves, and salt to taste.
5. Grind into a fine and thick paste; use as little water as possible. We have only used three tablespoons of water in this recipe.
6. Once the 15 minutes are up, gently apply the second marinade on both sides of the fish.
7. Heat two to three tablespoons of oil in a pan. Reduce the heat and place the fish on the pan. Cook well on each side for three to four minutes until the skin turns brown in color. Do not overcook the fish, as it will make the fish less tender, less flavoursome and lose moisture.
8. After four minutes, flip over to evenly cook the other side.
9. Cook for three to four minutes. Remove the fried fish off the pan.
10. Serve with hot, steamed rice.
Share your recipes with us on email@example.com