1. Boil milk in a deep-bottomed pan on a low flame until it reduces.
2. Once the milk reduces to about 750 ml, add sugar. Keep stirring continuously so the milk doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan or burn.
3. Remove from flame once the milk reduces to 500 ml. Keep aerating it with the ladle.
4. Once the condensed milk is lukewarm, add in a spoonful of old yoghurt and stir.
5. Pour the above in an earthen pot and set in a warm place for 10 to 12 hours. (I leave it inside the oven that’s pre-heated to about 90C, in cold weather, and switched off.)
Serve at room temperature or after refrigerating it for an hour.
Note: Earthen pots are mostly available in Indian supermarkets.
Do you have a recipe you would like to share with us? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org