3 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium carrot, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1/2 cup red lentils
1/2 cup beluga lentils
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 tsp paprika
3 tbsp chopped parsley
3 tbsp chopped dill
2 tbsp chopped mint
1 black lime, poked with a knife (optional)
2 tsp sumac
5-6 fresh chopped tomatoes, or a 14 oz can
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat and sauté the onion, carrots and celery until soft, but not browned, about 6-7 minutes.
2. Add the lentils, turmeric, paprika, parsley, dill, mint, black lime and sumac. Stir to combine.
3. Add enough water to cover everything by about 1 inch.
4. Bring to a boil and let it simmer.
5. Once the lentils are fully cooked, about 30 minutes, add the chopped tomatoes. Season.
6. Simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Season to taste.
8. Garnish with mint, parsley and dill and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy: Ninive
Image courtesy: GN Archives
Tell us about your favourite recipes at firstname.lastname@example.org