1. Peel the mangoes, cut them in one-inch cubes, set asid. Discard the seed or stone. Do the same for the pears.
2. Juice the lemon and set aside.
3. Measure out the sugar and set aside.
4. In a deep, thick-bottomed pan, over a low flame, combine all the ingredients. Let it cook on a simmer, stirring frequently. I leave some bits of fruit in, to give it more of a preserve/compote texture.
5. It is done when you place a spoonful on a plate, and run a wooden skewer through it but the jam-like conserve stays put, does not flow into the centre.
6. Spread over warm toast and enjoy!
Share your recipes and food ideas with us at email@example.com