For the filling
½ cup all-purpose flour
3 tsp full-fat milk powder
2 tbsp powdered sugar
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp orange blossom water
1 tsp rose water mix
½ cup cooking cream
For the dough
½ cup Mozzarella cheese
3 ½ tbsp semolina
4 tsp sugar
1 tbsp flower water
1 tbsp rose water mix
½ cup water
For the sugar syrup
3gm lemon salt
4 tbsp orange blossom water
3 cups water
3 tbsp pistachio slivers
1 tbsp rose jam (optional)
1. To make the cream filling, mix together the flour, milk powder, sugar. Add cold water, orange blossom water and rose water.
2. Add the mixture in a pan and put it on the stove on low heat until it boils.
3. Once it boils, add the cooking cream.
4. Keep the pan on the stove until mixture becomes thick.
5. To prepare the dough boil 1/2 cup of water on high heat with sugar.
6. After it boils, put in the Mozzarella cheese.
7. When the cheese begins to melt, add semolina, flower and rose water.
8. When it starts forming like dough, remove from the stove.
9. To prepare the sugar syrup, add the sugar, lemon salt and orange blossom to the water and heat over a low flame.
10. Keep stirring until it forms a syrup.
11. To make the Halawet Al Jeben, roll out the dough until it becomes thin.
12. Add the filling inside on one side.
13. Roll the dough and cut it into bite-sized pieces.
14. Pour the sugar syrup on top.
15. Garnish with the pistachio and rose jam.
- Recipe courtesy: Bait Maryam
Tell us about your favourite recipes at email@example.com