1. Pressure cook the rice and moong dal with one and half cups of water for 1 whistle or until it is soft and cooked thoroughly.
2. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of ghee in a small pan, add cashews and fry them until they turn golden brown.
3. Bring 3/4 cup of water to boil in a pan and add the jaggery in it. Stir it until it dissolves.
4. In the melted jaggery, add grated coconut and mix it well. Let the dish simmer for a minute or two.
5. Allow the mixture to dry up completely. You’ll know it’s ready when the mixture starts to come off the pan while sautéing.
6. Now add 5 tablespoons of ghee, some raisins and mix well. Add the fried cashews and the jaggery mixture to the khichdi and mix well.
7. Serve khichdi hot or cold with a generous helping of melted ghee on top.
Tell us about your favourite dishes or recipes at email@example.com