1 tsp cumin seeds
2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
2 tsp ground deggi mirch (mixture of ground red peppers and Kashmiri chillies)
1 tsp ground turmeric
4 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp salt
2 tsp coriander leaves, chopped
1 green chilli, julienned
1 tbsp stuffed red chilli pickle
1 tsp ground garam masala
Oil, for frying
1. Soak the chickpeas overnight. In a pan, boil them until they are soft when pressed. Drain.
2. Chop the onion and tomato.
3. Heat the oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds. When they crackle, add the chopped onion and sauté until golden brown.
4. Add the ginger-garlic paste and cook for 5-6 minutes, then add the deggi mirch, turmeric, coriander and cumin and sauté.
5. Add the tomatoes and cook for a few minutes.
6. Add the chickpeas and simmer for 30 minutes.
7. Season, then add chopped coriander and green chilli.
8. Finish by adding the stuffed red chilli pickle and garam masala.
Tell us about your favourite dishes or recipes at firstname.lastname@example.org