5-6 whole dried red chillies
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp garlic, chopped
1 tsp coriander seeds
4-5 curry leaves
2 onions, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
4-5 kokum, soaked in hot water for 20 minutes and juice extracted
1 tbsp red chilli powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
Salt, to taste
1 chicken breast, cut into cubes
1 cup coconut milk
2 tbsp grated fresh coconut
1 cup fresh coriander, chopped
1. Boil whole dry red chillies, break one in small cubes and grind the rest to a fine paste.
2. Heat oil in a saucepan. Add garlic, coriander seeds, broken dry red chilli and curry leaves.
3. When they begin to crackle, add onion and saute till golden.
4. Add tomato, kokum juice, chilli powder, red chili paste, coriander powder, garam masala and salt.
5. Saute for 2 minutes . Add chicken and coconut milk and cook till done.
6. Add fresh coconut and stir till dry.
7. Add chopped coriander.
8. Serve hot garnished with dry coconut flakes and a coriander sprig.
Recipe courtesy: Saurabh Malhotra, Options, Dubai World Trade Centre
Tell us about your favourite dishes or recipes at email@example.com