1 kg Lamb rump (This cut is lean, tender and full of flavour. Slice it into small cubes.)
10 gms ground coriander seeds
10 gms ground cumin seeds
10 gms ground fennel seeds
15 gms lemon grass (finely chopped)
15 gms salt
190 gms brown sugar
180 ml water
400 gms skinless peanuts
150 gms shallot
18 gms dried red chilli
40 gms galangal
75 gms lemon grass
40 gms garlic
225 gms tamarind pulp (store-bought)
200 ml coconut milk
250 gms fine sugar
15 gms salt
1. Toast ground coriander, cumin and fennel seeds until fragrant and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and leave the lamb to marinate for at least 4 hours.
3. Skewer the lamb pieces and set them aside.
For peanut sauce
1. Toast the peanuts until golden brown. Leave to cool.
2. Once peanuts are cooled, roughly blend the peanuts to a chunky consistency. Set aside.
3. Blend shallots, dried red chilli, galangal, lemongrass and garlic into a paste.
4. Heat oil in a saucepan and fry the paste until it becomes fragrant.
5. Combine the tamarind pulp, coconut milk, sugar, salt and chunky peanut in the same saucepan. Cook over medium flame for 10 minutes and set aside until ready to serve.
1. Grill the lamb skewers over charcoal until cooked and evenly charred.
2. Serve hot with warm peanut sauce.
Tell us about your favourite dishes or recipes at firstname.lastname@example.org