8 gms ghee or clarified butter
1 gm cumin seeds
1 gm ginger
1 gm green chilli
2 gms turmeric powder (skip while observing fast)
20 gms fresh tomatoes, chopped
30 gms potato, boiled and cut into cubes
½ tsp rock salt or sendha namak
½ gm asafoetida or hing (skip while observing fast )
2 gms fresh coriander, chopped
2 cups water
1. Boil potatoes and keep aside to cool. Peel them and roughly cut into cubes.
2. Chop green chillies, ginger, and coriander leaves.
3. In a pan - heat ghee or clarified butter and cumin. Sauté for about 10 seconds.
4. Next, add ginger, chillies, turmeric, and boiled potatoes into the pan.
5. Add salt and tomato. Mix them well.
6. Add water and cover the pan with a lid and bring the gravy to a boil.
7. Lower the heat and cook further for 10 minutes on low flame.
Add salt and fresh coriander. Serve hot with rajgiri puri or flatbread.
Tell us about your favourite dishes and recipes at email@example.com